Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

To: My Love


Well, let me start with this, it is 4th April...! Happy first anniversary, darling!

I really wonder how time can fly that fast. I am finding it difficult to see that it has been a year since you came in to my life - a wonderful and ‘power packed’ year!

I never used to believe in ‘love at first’. But, I must confess, you broke that strong and naïve belief of me.

Yes, I admit, I had considered other options too, before accepting the fact that I was destined to be blessed with you. But whenever I had to do that, I had been comparing ‘you’ with others all the time. Finally, the thought of considering the alternatives succumbed to the inexplicable attraction that you had fixed in my mind!

I still remember those difficult days of January 2013. They posed me plenty of legal challenges, to the extent that, I had almost given up the hope of bringing you home!

But then, they say, difficult times never last longer. So, as if to certify that statement, I experienced one of the exciting and joyous moments of my life! On 4th April 2013, I was relieved to hear that, I could take you with me!

After spending more than hundred frustrating and suffocating days, finally, I saw the light at the end of tunnel!

Ah, talking about the light! I had heard people saying that the ‘light’ was never felt like coming from 35/35W at 12 Volts! But I did not care dear! Not because, I was not interested in night-riding, but because you had something more meaningful than that to offer. The trust and reliability of Yamaha! The look and feel of FZ-S!


© Naveen Bhat



After all, you are the famed Yamaha FZS; rightly known as Lord of the Streets. Hey what? Lord…? Well, never mind… For me you are the Queen!

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I really love that ‘humming sound’ of engine when I find you clocking above 65kmph.

Tell me! How do you manage to keep yourself vibration free for most part of the ride? 


© Naveen Bhat




Trust me dear, it really does feel like sailing on smooth waters, when we hit the express-way’s straight and neat stretches! I could not have asked for more from your capacity to deliver 14PS at 7500RPM, for 153cc displacement!

Yes, you are expensive and never really appreciate saving some penny on fuel. It’s clear by the way you take me just 38-45 kilometers per liter. Being said that… you are not destined to live economical, but to leave every economical counterpart behind when we hit the tarmac!

Hats off to your Air-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC engine which makes it worth of a ride – So smooth and plain!

Now, after riding for a year with you, I completely trust those words - Heads  don’t just turn, they bow!

© Naveen Bhat


But don’t get me wrong here, dear! I, just for the sake of flattering you, would not like to say that you are the ‘numero uno’. No you may not, to be honest! Because people say there are your counterparts; when compared with you – some are more powerful, a few are bit more attractive, or a notch above in mileage!    

Nevertheless, for me, all that does not matter! For me, you are the most powerful! For me, you look the most attractive! For me, simply put, you are best in the world! After all, I liked and chose you for what you are!

© Naveen Bhat


Well, if I choose to continue to write more about you, I just could go on and on till you get bored!

So, let me be modest by allowing me to stop here!

Just one thought though, if anyone asks me 'what is it like to have you in my life?' I could sum it up in just two words – Eternal Bliss!

Thanks for being what you are to me! Touchwood! :-P



2 comments:

  1. How many kilometers have you traveled together buddy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much bro... Covered just about 5000KMs so far... :-)

      Delete